Project : International Conference of Korean Educators Abroad
- To provide overseas Koreans with education
- To enhance the expertise of Korean educators abroad
- To help overseas Korean educators develop a positive understanding of their home country
||Ministry of Education (MOE), National Institute for International Education (NIIED)
||Educational Foundation for Koreans Abroad (EFKA)
||Participants are divided into an 'educators group' and 'education officials group'
- (Educators group) Korean language teachers of local primary and secondary schools; Korean language teachers of overseas Korean institutes; Professors and lecturers of universities that offer Korean language programs
- (Educational officials group) Educational administrators and directors of education institutes from countries that currently teach or plan to teach Korean as a second language
||About 6 days
||Round-trip airfare and all expenses during the participants' stay in Korea are covered
||The conference program is delivered in two separate groups
- (Educators group) Lectures by subject field and topic to help enhance the expertise of Korean educators abroad; Introduction of Korean textbooks used at institutes/universities and discussions/forums for teaching material improvement
- (Education officials groups) Visits to the Ministry of Education, schools and key historical/cultural sites to provide opportunity for a deeper understanding of Korea and the Korean language
- • Program specifics are subject to change depending on the organiser's circumstances. Please check the website of the Korean Education Centre for further details.